Thursday, December 16, 2010

10/1/10

Ms. Delegan,
Good morning. Lex and I are very excited to have him join your room. This notebook currently serves as a communication too between our home and Lex's daycare to help coordinate his day If you have another tool we should use please let us know.
I believe I gave you all the supplies and his bag of extra clothes With his spare clothes there is a pair of blue shorts. When Lex gets worked up or nervous he like to rub the tag on it, it helps settle him.
If you have any comments to pass along to daycare or to us at home please let us know. Lex is currently at New Horizons Children's Center but will be transitioning to Tender Loving Care center in mid month.Have a good day-Catie

So far Lex is having a great day! He sat nicely during breakfast and ate some dry cereal, drank milk with a straw and ate some of his muffin. He was dry the first time we checked. Does he sit on the potty? I will probably have him go with one of my potty trained boys so he has a model.
I will be sending home a traveling folder with his daily schedule summary in it and if there are any notes I will check the box and then write in the enclose paper- usually goal related so please leave in there. I am changing my daily sheets so today's will be a little different.Feel free to write in the folder.
We are just getting ready to start our more structured activities so I will let you know how the rest of the day goes. Thank you for the info about the shorts.
Almost getting on the bus. Loved the ball pit in the sensory room. Had a hard time cooling down and leaving - would walk and fall. I helped him up and we would walk a few steps and then fall. He cried during our 3 minute circle time (we sang songs and counted to 5) and cried during our table time and until we left. But this is kind of typical. I saw many smiles and interaction with other kids especially in the ball pit - lots of giggles. I think it will take some getting used to but he will be a great new friend!
-Carol

Lex arrived at daycare around noon. Had a rough start. Really wound up. He would not sit at first for lunch then we noticed he had a bm , we don't know how long he had it, he had a red butt. After we changed him he went back to the table. He barely ate anything. Spilled apple sauce all over his pants. Lex had a rough time going down for a nap. He finally fell asleep at 1.
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment